Caitlyn Leigh's 1st day of Preschool.
She attends a Lutheran school
2 days a week (Tuesday and Thursday)
She's in a class of 9 children.
Her and Audrey are the only girls,
3 out of the 7 boys are named Elijah.
Sept 30th-I'm in charge of snacks.
We took over a hundred pictures of her on her 1st day.
I will post only 5 so I don't bore you.
Above is a picture of the proud parents and brother of a preschooler.
This one was taken in the parking lot when we arrived, I'm pretty sure she was giving me two thumbs up... reassuring me that everything would be alright.
I had to get one more right before she entered the classroom.
The night before, I felt a little anxiety as I realized that other children and teachers would influence her life now. I felt a sudden need to remind her of how to behave... I reminded her to say please and thank-you, and to share her toys, and to be nice to all the other children. The conversation ended with her telling me,
'Mommy, Me do yat... me do all of yat.'
That's when I knew she was ready.
When we picked her up, all the parents stood in the lobby and the teacher would call downstairs to the teacher's assistant who's parent's had arrived to pick up the children. It felt like graduation...
The teacher called Caitlyn's name and she climbed the stairs along with the other children all of them with their oversized back packs, carrying her lovely art work.
I was SO PROUD!
♥
Ash took this picture and I absolutely had to put it on the blog.
It reminded me of line from one of Mine and Caitlyn's FAVORITE books,
Someday.
Someday I will stand on this porch and watch your arms waving to me
until I no longer see you.
6 comments:
I remember these days oh to well. Now look how big you have grown!
snif! totally bawling while reading this one... you guys are growing up!
Oh, she is so precious!!! Adorable post, Erin! :)
I got to the thumbs up pic before getting teary eyes. Great post. They grow up oh so fast :(.
Ok Erin, i just read this post and i am blubbering like a baby. My baby turns thirty soon, sniff sniff! And my other baby is in college, sniff sniff, Loved your pictures, Hope to see you soon! :)
Ludy
Beautiful picture of you and your daughter. Misty eyed...
Post a Comment