Monday, January 17, 2011

Holiday Catch-Up

Oh... we've been busy already this month. I can't believe it's half over and I haven't blogged about the holidays or anything else. There's so much I have to share with everyone. First, I'll start with the holidays:
Christmas Eve Eve was spent playing BUNCO at Ash's aunt and uncle's house.  This holiday tradition is one of my all time faves. I'm sad to report that Mario and I were not the Table 1 champions we once were. I think we're gonna make a strong come back next year though. 
Christmas Eve was spent by attending church, where Ashton went potty in the church toilet probably 7 times and poop once, so needless to say... everyone went to church but Ash and I spent the majority of it in the bathroom.  I made sure we were in the pew for the singing and lighting of the candles during Silent Night... it's my favorite part of the service.  Afterwards we went to my aunt and uncle's house and then to Ash's parent's house. Christmas Eve is probably one of the busiest days for us during the holidays.
Christmas was spent alone at our house. We opened presents, ate enough probably for the entire week, watched movies, took naps, played dress up, shot a few hoops, sang Happy Birthday to Jesus, and simply enjoyed each other.  We celebrated with Ash's family on the 26th and my family on the 1st, both occasions were wonderful and our children were showered in gifts.
New Years Eve was spent at Jon and Mandy's annual cocktail party.  The overall turnout was smaller, but all of my favorite people were there.   We spent the night dancing, singing, eating, laughing, and having fun.  Jon's rendition of The Little Mermaid's Les Poissons is definitely a memory that'll make us laugh for a long time. 
The holidays are a busy busy busy time of year and I might complain a little about having something to do every single night of the month of December... but really I wouldn't have it any other way.
Here's a few collages of the holidays:
Christmas
New Year's Eve
Sometime Early New Year's Day
After the holidays were over I found myself quickly getting my house back to normal.  I organized almost every single room and closet in this house.  While taking down the decorations I took a minute to take a picture of my new favorite flower. 
This Amaryllis was a birthday gift to me and I absolutely LOVED watching it grow.  This flower was amazing the way it bloomed so incredibly fast into a bright red shimmering flower.
Gorgeous!
Speaking of GORGEOUS...
my nephew, Kellen Dean, 
was born a little after the new year on his due date,
January 5, 2010.

Caitlyn and Ashton love their new cousin.  Caitlyn is absolutely precious when she holds him and takes care of him.
It snowed sometime during the holidays too, so we bundled up and played outside.
That's a wrap.

7 comments:

Dziadzia said...

Happy 2011!! Christmas and the New Year celebrations were great! I know the kids had a good time as did the adults. Happy and healthy 2011 to all.

Sandy said...

I'm so happy you finally blogged. Are those pictures from your new camera. They are gorgeous! Happy New Year!

Cody said...

Great update!! your sisters baby boy is handsome!!

Beth said...

I like you post and recap of your busy holidays! Congrats on your new nephew, he is adorable! Tell your sis Congrats from me too. Looking forward to seeing you guys on Sunday for Jax's party :)

tiffany jeanne said...

yay! i was beginning to think you were one of my friends that had let blogging go by the way side...so glad you didn't. :)

Love ya!

Cousin Brian said...

Hey Gang,

Its me over on the other side of the world....Happy 2011 and Belated Merry Christmas. I just made it back to your blog after like 2 months. Been having computer issues and what not at home, but all is well. Seems like the holidays was a blast as always. AS for us, we hung out at home for Christmas and hosted dinner for the single guys/gals from work, then New Years Eve hung out with a few people from work and ended up at the base party. Everything was a good time over all. Everyone in your pics looked so beautiful/handsome/cute in the pictures. Sure do miss being there in WA. Love and miss you guys and the next blog should be something....oh i don't know....something that is BLACK N GOLD!!!! WOOOOOOOOO.

Elisabeth and Sherman said...

Erin ~ I just LOVE your blog! Your family is so darn beautiful and I adore the way you put it all together. How do you do the photo collages? I am a total beginner blogger who needs some major artistic assistance ( I don't even know how to change my font...ssshhh)!