Thursday, December 27, 2007
Happy Birthday, Jesus!
I cannot believe how fast Christmas has come and gone. This year our families tried a few new traditions.
We went to Christmas eve service at First Lutheran like we do every year, but this year afterwards, we all gathered at Ash’s parents house for some holiday cheer and spirits. After everyone headed home, Ash, Caitlyn, and I exchanged gifts with his parents and sister and also headed home. When we got home we each opened one gift… new Christmas pajamas and headed to sleep!!! Christmas morning was the most wonderful 1st Christmas ever for Caitlyn. We all woke up from a good nights rest (must have been the new jammies). We made hot chocolate, sliced a honey crisp apple, and began our first ever family gift exchange!
Caitlyn laid between us and was very interested in her gifts. She especially enjoyed holding and playing with the wrapping paper. After we exchanged our gifts my family came over and my dad made his traditional brunch…this year with Ashley’s help, and we exchanged another set of gifts. ‘Tis the season of giving! As if the day wasn’t perfect enough… it began to snow. We immediately took Caitlyn outside for some quick pics.
I couldn’t help but to tear up… I couldn‘t have been happier! Ashley and I thank everyone for all the wonderful presents that were sent our way. It’s hard to believe that this time last year Ash and I announced that we were expecting a baby. Caitlyn is by far the best Christmas gift ever, she truly has made this holiday more special than ever! We are very blessed to have everything that we do…especially such an amazing family! We finished the evening by watching a movie… just Ashley, Caitlyn, and I.
Happy Birthday, Jesus!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your pictures on this post are DARLING! And, I love the picture on the right hand side of the blog with Caitlyn in the pretty hair bow. Christmas was extra special for us this year, too! Babies are so great! Love ya!~
Post a Comment