Friday, December 7, 2007

Holiday Tradition

Caitlyn and I spent all of Thursday at Babcia and DziaDzia’s house (my parents… Grandma and Grandpa in Polish) making eight batches of Chex Party Mix (with my SECRET ingredients… and no… you can’t see what it is in the picture). They have two ovens, so I can cook twice as much Party Mix in half the time! DziaDzia is home now for a six week holiday vacation and Caitlyn was so excited to see him… and by excited… I mean she cried almost every time he held her. She was so sweet with him and would spend about two minutes trying to figure him out and then she would make the biggest sad face ever in the history of sad faces and then cry. There was ONE time I held her until she was so sleepy she went to him and they napped for about an hour though. I think she might be afraid of his mustache or something because she has also done this with Grandpa (Ashley’s dad). I’m sure it’s just a phase and soon enough she’ll be begging to go over to Grandpa’s and DziaDzia’s house.
Here's the finished product of a long day of stirring every 15 minutes. I love how the house smells after a day of baking Chex... it's one of the true scents of Christmas (and yes... thanks to a tip from Tiffany and Ludy, I do have holiday shaped pretzels in my mix)! This weekend Ash and I plan to get some holiday shopping done and venture out to The Point Defiance Zoo Lights with the Newgard Family… I can’t wait to see how Caitlyn and Avery enjoy all the pretty Christmas lights.

2 comments:

Cara Grube :) said...

So funny about her Grandpa! All of the kids in my family were the same way with my dad...except Taylor, so far! She's the only one that doesn't cry when he's holding her. We'll see if that lasts Ü

Have a fun weekend!

Kristen said...

Looks yummy!