Lately, my days off have been spent in the dirt. Finally, the flowers that I bought in March are blooming. Not all of them... but most. I can't wait for the fuscias and the geraniums to start flowering (you can expect more pics when they do). I walk around the perimeter of my house ATLEAST twice a day... usually with Caitlyn to take a look at all of our new growth. Caitlyn's first sentence just might be, 'ooh... look at the pretty bleeding hearts' or 'the heliotropes have such dark green leaves'. I describe each flower and plant to her so I'm sure she's enjoying and absorbing all of the knowledge. Oh... and I used to think that ferns were the ugliest plant on the entire earth. NOW, I can't get enough of them. I love how they look like little sea horses unraveling into this huge BEAUTIFUL leafy plant!!! I think Spring is my new favorite season (It used to be winter because of the holidays)!!! I love my yard so much right now... in fact, I am going to be finished posting now, so I can go back out there and enjoy it all before the sun goes down.
Good Night!
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
1 of my new 'Things'...
Gardening!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Lovely flowers! When I have a yard of my own you will have to teach me all you know. :) Your flower collage was so pretty I made it my desktop background. It's so fun to check your blog and see what you are up to!
We really do need to get together soon! I feel the same way you do though about our blogs! It feels like we are connected because we can share regularly and see pics. It really is exciting to have friends living through the same experiences with you... weddings... babies... homes and gardens... we may not get to see eachother often but we can still share these wonderful things together! I really do hope to see you soon! And Charlotte really wants to play with Caitlyn (i am sure of it)!
wow~ looks like you have quite a green thumb. bet your house looks fab. I definitely need to stop by next time we are up. I enjoy gardening so much. Its great to watch the plants start out so small and grow to be so beautiful after you give them time and nurture. Kinda like watching your children grow and develop. I am sure some wise person made a insightful metaphor about that relationship. anyway, i am glad that you are having fun with it.
by the way- how to you do the picture collage? I wanted to do one for the pics from my vaca and cant figure it out...
Man those plants and flowers look great! Just like your family! I think I saw Dziadzia hiding behind one of those flowers!
Post a Comment