Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to my Mom and Vicki. You both are amazing mothers and I hope that Ash and I will touch Caitlyn's life as much as you both have touched ours!!!
Being a mother is AMAZING!!!
I never dreamed of loving someone this strongly.
It is a feeling I cannot put into words...
only another mother can understand.
I had such a special day celebrating with Caitlyn and Ash. I woke up to breakfast in bed and Ash gave me a choice of a few things to do for the day.
Believe it or not... I chose to do yard work.
I planted about two thirds of the plants I bought a while back. They are looking a little limp now, but I'm sure with just a little love and tender care... they will be beautiful in no time!
What a wonderful and relaxing 1st Mother's Day!!!
Slowly,
starting now,
a thousand stars in the sky will become clearer,
a thousand notes in your heart will blend into song,
and all the love you have ever given,
will be returned to you a thousand times better
by your baby girl.
(I got this from one of my baby shower cards)
Thank you Caitlyn (and Ash) for giving me the best gift in the entire world...
Becoming a MOM!!!

3 comments:

tiffany jeanne said...

I'm all teary...at work. What a fabulous post. Happy Mother's Day!! My BFF!

Love, Tiffany, the Wii bowling champion of the world. :)

Dziadzia said...

Dang, you and Caitlyn look more and more alike! Twins!!! I can't believe it. Mothers are special and your family will find that out soon enough.

Sara Moriarty said...

I loved that quote from the baby shower card. It was on the card that you gave me and I used it for my scrapbook. I am glad that you had a good Mothers day. I am on vaca and need to update my blog when I get back. Great post Erie!!