Saturday, August 9, 2008

Exactly a Year Ago Today…

She changed me into a better person! When Caitlyn was born, my life was flipped upside down and into a total tail spin, since then… I have grown and learned just as fast as she has. On this day at exactly 8:29am, I met my baby, Caitlyn Leigh. She was like no one I had ever met before. She completely melted my heart. In one single very short year she has changed me and taught me to be so many things, including: patient, caring, understanding, happy, sacrificing, hard-working, imaginative, proud, tender, and most importantly how to love with all my heart! I was a pretty emotional person pre-Caitlyn, but since her arrival… my emotions have been enhanced and boosted to some new level. Ash and I were reading through my blog from start to present and we realized that I cried (or shed a tear) a lot. Everything about her makes me so happy and brings me to tears… This morning… I have a ton of mixed emotions. I have cried 2 times so far (I’ve only been awake for an hour). Both times were because I can’t believe it’s been a year! I feel excited and happy that I have a happy and healthy 1 year old. I feel sad that she’s not a tiny baby anymore, I feel amazed that this year has gone by so fast and scared because I don’t know exactly how to slow down time.
Thank-you, Caitlyn Leigh for making me who I am today! I love You with ALL my heart...
and I am shedding happy tears as I type this post ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww Erie....that post brought tears to my eyes! What a sweet post! You are a lucky mommy and Caitlyn is a lucky baby! Love you!

Dziadzia said...

Mom and I have cried many tears of joy and happiness over the years. Welcome to the club. Ain't it great! Oh and that "Cat Lynn" looks more and more like you! Excuse me while I go dry my eyes.

Cara Grube :) said...

Oh my goodness, it's been a year. Seems like we were all just pregnant and waiting for our little babes to arrive...and now we're getting ready for birthday parties?!

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY, CAITLYN!!! Hope you have an amazing day today...your first birthday party! How exciting!!

tiffany jeanne said...

Happy birthday! Avery (and I and Kory) had fun at your party, Ms. Caitlyn! xoxo

sara said...

Congrats! Its a very big deal to make it alive through that first year let alone HAPPY and well adjusted LOL!

BLessings on you all! Here's to Caitlyn!

Sara Moriarty said...

It was great being able to share in Caitlyn's big day. I hope you were able to enjoy it. For a parent, their child's birthdays always remind them to "stop and smell the roses," so to speak. As tough as it is to do that, (since the world just won't stop spinning) it seems that you have taken the time to realize how lucky you are, each day. There isn't a better gift that you and Ash can give to Caitlyn. I love you all and am just thrilled to be a part of your lives! ~Sara