Thursday, April 22, 2010

Ashton turns ONE!

Ashton's 1st birthday started similar to Caitlyn's 1st.
We began the day enjoying cinnamon rolls at home.
Ashton devoured every single bit of his cinnamon roll
where Caitlyn simply enjoyed the top part with the frosting and then tried to give the rest to her brother.
By the look on his face... I'd bet he was pretty full at that point.
We enjoyed lunch with all the grandparents and a small dinner at home and then went out to the new Menchies for frozen yogurt with the Johnson family.
His actual birthday was relaxing and spent with our closest family and friends.
Ashton's big celebration was on Sunday when the weather was sunny and warm.
It was so warm we celebrated mostly outside...it was beautiful!
I couldn't believe how many tiny friends came to celebrate with him.
Ashton enjoyed his first cute little monkey cupcake.
Caitlyn enjoyed singing happy birthday to her brother
her lyrics were amazingly clear,
aaaapple to you, apple to you, apple to you dear, ashee... apple to you!
sto lat yay she a naaaaah!
 She also enjoyed telling everyone that asked,
"Ashee is 1 and Me 2." 
My Dad enjoyed some R & R with the tiny babes.
By the end of the day, I had taken near 300 pictures and 98% of them were of Caitlyn and Ashton.
Near the end of the party Caitlyn was all photographed out and as you can tell by this next photo...
so was Ashton.
Well, sweet son... I truly enjoyed celebrating your big day. 
We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day!
I  ♥ You!!!

5 comments:

Cara Grube :) said...

Cute post, Erin! Looks like Ashton's birthday was just about perfect! :) And I have to say, you look GORGEOUS in that last picture! Hot Mama!! :)

Anonymous said...

I had fun making those cupcakes w/ you! And I second Cara...that last picture, you look amazing in it!! Love you! xoxo Cocia Ksavera

Beth said...

Looks like a great party Erin!!! Really cute pictures too, I think the one of your dad and the babies is priceless and that last one of you and Ashton is sweet! You look great.

The Goetsch Gang said...

Ashton's looks have changed so much since the last time I saw him! Happy Birthday, Ashton!

Sandy said...

We had such a great time. Those cupcakes were so cute. By the way your family is very photogenic, especially that last picture, it's gorgeous.