Friday, April 16, 2010

Exactly a Year Ago Today

Ashton James Douglas
You stole my heart from the moment I saw you. When you were born, I actually felt my heart fill with LOVE and grow double its size. You truly are an amazing son. Your baby demeanor is so incredibly sweet. You are a fast learner and the look on your face when you are concentrating is adorable. You love to cuddle by resting your head on my shoulder and snuggling in close to my neck. It’s precious when you pat my back during a hug. You LOVE your sister… even when she is dragging you by your feet, she makes you giggle. You have always been a good eater and sleeper, which in turn has made me a rested and happy Mom. If I begin to feel a little overwhelmed, all I have to do is look at you and somehow you know how to make me smile… whether it’s with a giggle, a smile, a cuddle or a hug… you have a way.  I’m amazed at what you know for being just one year and I am excited to continue to watch you grow.
This whole week has been hard for me... and for you a little too. It was hard for me because once again I found myself preparing for your big day, wondering where this past year went. And I have tried countless times to slow down time. It was hard for you because you got two teeth (to total 4 now... yay!) and then spiked a fever... but nevertheless you continued to smile... even when you didn't have enough energy to cry, you could still look up at me and your eyes would smile... That is something you got from your Daddy... and it's just one more reason I love you so.
Thank you son for being the best baby boy in the world!
I love you.
Happy First Birthday.

4 comments:

Cara Grube :) said...

Super sweet post, Erin! :) Can't believe it's already been a year?! Wow! Happy 1st Birthday, Ashton!! :)

Cody said...

Happy Birthday Ashton!! Erin I cried while reading this. Cant wait to see that sweet boy soon.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ashee!! I can't believe a whole has gone by, you are growing so fast!!
Love, Cocia Ksavera

Sandy said...

Happy Birthday Ashton! I can't believe he is already a year old. He has grown so much.I love him!