We met with Caitlyn's preschool teacher and all her tiny preschool friends.
I cried twice... Ash and I were holding hands watching Caitlyn run and play with her new friends, he looked at me, squeezed my hand, and asked if I was ok. I nodded because I knew if I tried to speak, I'd cry. I watched her as she played on a merry-go round type toy and she waved to me and asked, 'Mommy, you go bye bye now?' It took everything I had to tell her (without crying) that I was staying for this night and next time I'd leave her all alone... without my supervision... under the influence of all the other preschoolers and teacher Julie where she'd just begin her preschool years which, I know, will help her grow and develop into a beautiful young woman who will- with just a blink of an eye- be heading off to college soon.
2 comments:
STOP making me cry!!!
Ugh, you're killin' me. Now I'm crying, too!!
Post a Comment