Friday, November 5, 2010

Middle Earth

Tonight, Cocia Ksavera came over and watched Caitlyn and Ashton while Ash took me out to dinner.  After dinner, we joined Ashley's cousin's cousin, Mario, and a gazillion of his buddies to celebrate his birthday.  The evening out was fun.  When Ash and I were getting close to coming home, Mario came up to us and expressed to us how happy he was that we made it out to celebrate with him, he said something like,
"I'm so happy you guys made it out to celebrate with me tonight...
cause you guys are kind of part of that middle earth." 
Not knowing exactly what middle earth was, we all smiled and nodded... and then finally asked,
"what exactly is middle earth?"
He gladly explained to us that Ashley and I are still young enough to hang out...
but we also have children so we have to be responsible and tuck in early. 
We all were laughing at the new term and his explanation of it... middle earth
 
We got home around 11pm, Ash and I said good night to Ksavera, peeked in and said good night to our precious sleeping daughter, Caitlyn.  Peeked in to say good night to Ashton, who woke... so I cuddled him for the past ten minutes (while I thought up this post in my head) and tucked him back into bed.
 
I'll tell you what...
Ash and I had a wonderfully fun night out,
but I am most happy and blessed to be a part of middle earth.
Happy birthday, Mario!
And an early happy birthday to Jon and little Miss Avery Jeanne!
We love you all.

1 comment:

sara said...

MIddle earth?! That kills me- love it! Way to ride that line between cool and responsible ;)