Friday, February 8, 2008
Election Year
Twenty years ago, my mom took me up to the University of Puget Sound to hear Democratic
Presidential Candidate Michael Dukakis speak. Today... my Mom, Caitlyn, and I walked up to the University of Puget Sound to hear Democratic Presidential Candidate, Hillary Clinton speak. The Washington State Nurses Association and the American Nurses Association both are endorsing Hillary Clinton, so I thought (since I'm a nurse) it would be an exciting and memorable experience for all of us to go and hear what she has to say... and because I am a nurse, we got to the front of the line. Many people... mostly nurses and other healthcare workers gathered to support her. We were about 6 rows from her podium
and she was speaking about universal healthcare for all ages and said, "I see we have a little baby here today" and she pointed right at Caitlyn. I have not decided yet as to who I am going to vote for... but this sure was a fun experience. We are making history as she is our first ever female presidential candidate. Hopefully, when Caitlyn grows older she will be happy I took her along today! Tomorrow... she turns half a year!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Man that Erin and Caitlyn are good looking! The must take after their Dad and Dziadzia. I can't wait for Kaitlyn to spend the night with us. Yssim wants to sleep with her and keep her warm and clean.
Post a Comment