Caitlyn had her check up today and did wonderfully! On the other hand, I did horribly (maybe still funny hormones... i don't know). She had to get 3 shots and I brought up that she still gets a red bum when she eats things with wheat flour in them. The doc was wondering about Celiac Disease on our last appointment and didn't wanna do tests yet... well today he DID. So we walked what seemed like miles (accross the parking lot) and waited for what seemed like hours (maybe 30 minutes) in a small lab to get her blood drawn. Now that she is big enough they actually had to do a little baby venapuncture (instead of poking her heel like they did when she was so tiny). Caitlyn sat on my lap and faced forward while I basically bear hugged her, and 2 lab technicians drew her blood. Seriously it took two of them cause Caitlyn was determined NOT to have her blood drawn. Luckily it was just one poke... lots of waiting while the vial filled SO SLOWLY... and we were done! Other than that Caitlyn did wonderfully... I scheduled her next appointment on a Wednesday that Ash is off and I work cause I HATE to hear her cry when she gets shots... it breaks my heart... and then I usually cry too :(
On the car ride home I thought I was ok so I called Ash to give him all the updates on our baby girl and started talking to him about Celiac Disease and then I lost it. I probably should have pulled over I was crying so hard. I KNOW that we don't even know if she has it, and I KNOW that it's not the worst thing for a child to have... but I want my little tiny baby Caitlyn to be healthy and happy and not have anything wrong with her EVER!!!
So I ask that all the bloggers and the blog readers out there say a little prayer for negative tests!
Other EXCITING updates about Caitlyn...
Loves to do the moves for "itsy bitsy spider" and hum along, Loves to lick her lips and stick her tongue out and she really likes it when you copy her. She loves to put her hands on her hand, one at time, until you follow along. If you are sitting on the ground she backs up into your lap and then sits down to cuddle. Flushes the toilet... waits and flushes again... and again. Walks between your legs back and forth... back and forth. Signs: more, hungry, and milk. Says dad, hi, down, no, and Ash (still not "mom"). Points to her ears when you say, “where’s your ears?” and the same for head and nose. She understands so much of what we say, She is AMAZING!!!
8 comments:
i love her and you so much!
Erin, I'm saying a little prayer for Caitlyn right now...and will continue to do so until you know she's okay...and she WILL be okay :) She has 2 parents and a whole slough of people that love her, no matter what! And she's adorable on top of it! ;)
Oh, and Taylor had to have her blood drawn the same way at her 1 year check...she sat so good on my lap and let them put the needle and didn't even cry, but I did!! I hate those Dr's appts! (good thing my sister's nurse is the one that gives her the shots or she may not be so fond of her auntie!)
Prayers said! Love you and your family and can't wait for you to go to San Diego because you'll be able to de-stress. (Not that I want you to leave...but it'll be good for you!!)
Hang in there!
xoxo tiffany
I follow your blog through Cara. I actually had Celiac Disease when I was younger. This was before it was as common as it is now. You don't mention any of the symptoms I had as a baby, but just know, if the tests do come back positive, that there are a TON of resources out there for this. I'm impressed with all that's made without gluten. As far as I know, I've grown out of my case, but just to make sure, since I've had my doubts the past few months, I'm going to get the test done.
Let me know if you have any questions about Celiac!
Saying prayers for you guys now. Sorry you have to go through this now, you guys will get through it and be fine whatever the outcome, you are strong. From the rest of Caitlyn's update it sounds like she's a little smartie pants :) Take care, hope you don't have to wait too long for those results.
We are praying as well. Actually, I always pray for you and your fam, but I'll do extra prayers until you post that she's ok. Thats another great pic of Caitlyn in the leaves. Your photography is improving leaps and bounds. LOVE YOU AND CAITLYN. Ashley and Baby #2 also. Hang in.
Parenthood is a wonderful, loving experience, sometimes filled with worries and ocassional downright despair. But our families blessings are abundant and are filled with so much love and exceptional people. Our little Caitlyn is in the best of hands with you and Ash and they say love conquers all, and she is surrounded by love! This is just one of many prayers for my kiddies and I know many more to come. We love you all so much.
Post a Comment