Monday, August 9, 2010

Caitlyn Leigh Turns 3!

Happy 3rd Birthday to my sweet daughter, Caitlyn Leigh.
We celebrated, luau style, on Sunday with all her favorite people.
Caitlyn has been talking about her 3rd birthday ever since Ashton turned 1. So I was a little surprised when she turned shy for present opening. Thanks goodness little Miss Avery was there to help her along.  Even though everything about the cake was NOT what I ordered (except the pink Hawaiian flowers), it was still a crowd pleaser and brought about many many blue laughs (see the pics below).
The party was everything I imagined for my 3 year old daughter.
There was family and friends
and lots of love and laughter.
I even surprised myself by holding it all together unless you count the three times I cried in the morning getting ready, the one time while we were opening all the cute clothes she received for presents and as I pictured her wearing them on her way to preschool, or the one last time I laid in bed with Ashley talking about the perfect day and I leaned over to turn out the light but instead grabbed her 'Welcome to the 2010-2011 School Year' packet and lost it again.
It was a great day. 
On her actual Birthday, Ash took the day off and we started with cinnamon rolls, lots of play time, lunch at Red Robin where we were joined by Auntie Scarlet.  After lunch, we all headed to the supermall to ride the carousel, came home watched two movies, ate dinner and headed to bed early.
Another great day for a great 3-year old. 
I know that this year is gonna be a big one.
She begins preschool in less than a month and I already know she's gonna l♥ve it!

5 comments:

Dad (ashley) said...

i love you so very much Caitlyn!

Anonymous said...

What a great party! Love you Caitlyn, quit growing up so darn fast! Cocia Ksavera, xoxo

Cody said...

Happy belated Birthday Caitlyn! Looks like you had fun.

tiffany jeanne said...

great couple of posts, Erin! Happy 3rd bday Cait! xoxo

The Terps said...

Happy belated birthday!

It's amazing how much she looks like Ashley.

Love the blue-tongue photo.