Monday, August 23, 2010

Kite Festival 2010

The Kite Festival has come and gone and we had so much fun.
I am a little embarrassed to admit...
I didn't even get my camera out until the second to the last day.
Therefore very few pics were taken...
Caitlyn is a 'camping queen'...
which is just one more thing she did NOT get from me.
Ashton was also a great camper... until it came time to sleep.
He wasn't sure how to fall asleep without his crib.
The beach was a tad bit too cold for my littles, they were not interested in the sand or the waves. In fact the only thing they were interested in was being held by me, so we napped in the sand and then headed back to the camper before the kites were even in the air.
I might not have been voted the 'camping comedian' or even nominated for the 'gummi bear award'... but I'll tell you what!!!
I for sure won the most stylish camper with this smoking hot, vintage red sweatshirt, gifted to me from my mom (est.~1985).
Here's the whole camping gang after our tournament of champions.
(Caitlyn was super happy to be included in the pic.)
This year was probably one of my favorite years at the kite festival, and although I don't really have the pictures to prove it... my kids and everyone else loved it too. 

3 comments:

Crystal / Jayson said...

Looks like a great weekend, despite the weather. That first picture is so cool!

Cara Grube :) said...

That always looks like so much fun! And the sweatshirt...seriously fabulous! ;)

On another note, I've been waiting for pics of Cait's 3rd birthday?!?

Cousin Brian said...

Loved the family pic...i'm sure everyone had a blast as always...and was wondering if Ashley stole my jeans for the trip. Def. something i had or would wear. love and miss you guys.