Friday, October 24, 2008

Emergency Phone Call

Caitlyn and I received a surprise visit from the Federal Way Police Department today. Caitlyn had just woken up from a nap and I was talking to Tiffany on the phone. Caitlyn was playing happily on the carpet next to me. Next thing I know 2 handsome police officers were knocking at my door. I answered and they asked, "Are you Erin?" I replied, "Yes?!?" They asked, "Have you made any phone calls today?" I said no even though I had been talking to Tiffany... then they told me that they had received a 911 call and when the operator tried to call back she just heard beeping noises. I was so incredibly embarrassed, I explained that my daughter had been playing with the house phone and she must have accidently called 911. I apologized a ton and they said that they just wanted to make sure that we were ok. Caitlyn then came around the corner holding my cell phone and the officers laughed and complemented her on her pretty pajamas! What an exciting morning!This photo is a reinactment.

7 comments:

Cara Grube :) said...

OMG that's hilarious! Taylor's always playing with the phone and pushing buttons and Matt's always saying "you shouldn't let her play with the phone cuz one of these days she's gonna call 911"...and I respond with a "No she's not...she couldn't possibly accidentally dial 911!" I'll have to keep this incident in mind the next time she's on the phone :)

Kristen said...

Hahaha! That really is funny! Good thing she won them over with her cuteness. :)

Dziadzia said...

If you duck tape her fingers she will not dail 911! Pass that tip on to your friends that have kids!
It worked on you guys.

tiffany jeanne said...

Oh I love it! that is hysterical! I've often worried about that because Avery plays with our phones all the time. I think she called China from my cell phone once!!!

Beth said...

So funny Erin, probably not for you but for all of us reading it. You've got a pretty smart little girl there :) I'm surprised it hasn't happened to us yet between Norah and Nolan! Have a good weekend.

Jamie said...

Damn that is funny! Maybe a career in Criminal Justice is in the making...?? Great story! And I love the picture! She is so cute!

Sara Moriarty said...

What a laugh! This has never happened to me, although it's been a fear in the back of my mind. Knock on wood. Talya just broke my cell phone yesterday when she was playing with it and dropped it on the floor. And one time when Matthew was little I couldn't find my phone and he kept pointing to the kitchen. So I searched the kitchen up and down to no avail. i figured that he was thinking of something else- he was only a year and a half. it wasn't until I was unloading the dishwasher the next day that I found it in the bottom sitting in a pool of water. What is it with toddlers and phones? Love you! ~Sara