Monday, December 1, 2008

Let the Production Begin...

...of Chex Party (farty) Mix that is! Caitlyn and I got started early this morning right after our waffle and yogurt breakfast! Still in our pajamas, we began mixing and stirring and baking! Hopefully all of you will get to enjoy some soon!Caitlyn was really excited about her role as the 'stirrer of all the ingredients'! She practiced with nothing in the roaster the whole time I was measuring. She was such a great helper. We have 2 batches complete, the 3rd is in the oven, and the 4th is measured and ready to go! Oh... our house smells so yummy!

7 comments:

tiffany jeanne said...

My mouth is watering just thinking about the yummy smell in your house! Hey, I have a dr appt tomorrow at 1:30. I was going to pick Krista up to stay at my house tomorrow evening but have to wait till she's out of school...you guys want a few visitors??? Plus, it'll give me a perfect opportunity to eat some farty mix. (I was going to mention that you didn't call it that in your post...come on, now...keep it real!!! LOL!)

Erin Leigh said...

I would love visitors!!! I will go and edit my post right now to the eoriginal farty mix!

tiffany jeanne said...

K. I'll give you a call after my appt. Have a fun baking day!

Cara Grube :) said...

Fun! I love Chex Mix! And I see you add the good stuff too...not everyone puts Cheerios in it, and they don't know what they're missing! :)

Dziadzia said...

I thought we were going to do this in the double ovens on Monday? Is it still on for that day? I have lots of secret ingredients we can add. Caitlyn can help too. If she is bad I can recommend her to be a secret ingredient! It is better than duck taping her to a chair like Ashley suggested.

Anonymous said...

Erin, i might have to come over for a nibble. I just discovered the i did not eat it fairy ate two bags of farty mix from my freezer! I just have one left ( i think)!!!
Happy Chex baking!
Ludy

Erin Leigh said...

Dad... we are still on for monday. Ash didn't suggest that we duct tape Caitlyn to any chairs... Dad!